Did I Hear That Right?

Monday, October 23, 2006

Today's Quote

"Your mother was a hamster"

Update: I agree with Mr Relational that Monty Python and the Holy Grail is more fun to quote than watch. Some parts are either too weird or too sacreligious, but there are some great quotes. Some others I like:

"Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person."
----
"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony."

6 Comments:

  • Once again, I have read the quote shortly after it was posted, so I will allow others to respond again before answering. Of course, last time, no one ever responded, but I doubt that will happen this time.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:59 PM  

  • "and your father smelt of elderberries!"

    Monty Python and the Holy Grail

    By Blogger WallaWallaDay, at 6:14 PM  

  • "He'll be stone dead in a moment."

    "Oh, yeah, an African swallow maybe, but not a European swallow.
    That's my point."

    "Come back here and take what's coming to you! I'll bite your legs off?"

    "There are some who call me...Tim?"

    "What's he do, nibble your bum?"

    A movie which I believe is more fun to quote than it is to watch.

    By Blogger adam, at 8:15 PM  

  • "Now we see the violence inherent in the system! Now we see the violence inherent in the system!! Help! Help!! I'm being repressed!!"

    And I still think the movie is both fun to watch and fun to quote.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:31 PM  

  • I don't think it's fun to watch at all. To me the movies is like this:
    funny..... boring... boring .... boring... funny... boring... boring... boring ... boring.. funny... boring

    and so on. Much more boring than funny.

    By Blogger Lola Bacon, at 2:29 PM  

  • I think you really have to be a fan of the TV show to find the movie as enjoyable as I do. I think, unlike the other two movies that they did, this one aligns more with the show's aesthetic than a cinematic one. They definitely improved things on both "Life of Brian" and "Meaning of Life" in that regard.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home