Did I Hear That Right?

Friday, February 09, 2007

Sequel #13

"How convenient. Enter omniscient monkey, right on cue."
"Well, you know what they say: "When the student is ready, the teacher appears.""
"That's it. No more fortune-cookies for you!"

Update: Another clue:
"Try this - hot tuna frittata."
"Hmm. No, that's not it."
"The spinach armada."
"Quiet, ______. I'm trying to think."
"A spoon of ricotta."

Update: Yes, it's The Lion King 1-1/2. This is one of the few direct to video sequels that was acutally worth watching. It is almost a parody of The Lion King, which makes me wonder how the filmakers got away with it. Here is the entire "Hakuna Matata" sequence.
Timon: Such a wonderful phrase. It had this rhythm. Laduda Ladada.
Pumbaa: Try this - hot tuna frittata.
Timon: Hmm. No, that's not it.
Pumbaa: The spinach armada.
Timon: Quiet, Pumbaa. I'm trying to think.
Pumbaa: A spoon of ricotta.
Timon: Two words.
Pumbaa: A wormy piccata.
Timon: Six syllables.
Pumbaa: Kahuna colada.
Timon: Twelve letters.
Pumbaa: A blue enchilada.
Timon: Rhymes with...
Pumbaa: Legumes on a platter.
Timon: Think, think, think.
Pumbaa: This oughta be hotta.
Timon: I forget.
Pumbaa: I gotta lambada!

3 Comments:

  • I don't know why this sounds familiar to me. I probably haven't seen it. Funny quote though.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:37 PM  

  • Hakunah Mattatah, :)_ There must have been a straight to video sequel of the Lion King.

    By Blogger catarac, at 11:58 AM  

  • That's probably it, but since I try to avoid most Disney animated sequels (especially the straight to video ones which seem to be the majority), I wouldn't know for sure. Isn't there also a Lion King 1 1/2?

    By Blogger adam, at 5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home