Did I Hear That Right?

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Time to get more obscure

OK. We have a lot of great players here, so I'm going to try a few more obscure quotes. If you're familiar with the movie, you should still get it.

Don't worry (and don't Google) if you can't figure it out. If no one has a guess, I will add a clue, possibly as another quote from the same movie.

Here's the quote:

"I want a wedding in church with bridesmaids and flowers."

"Whoa. How many times did you say that spontaneous was romantic?"

"Hey, a burp is spontaneous. A burp is not romantic."

Update: By request, here is another quote from the movie:

"What's this over here?"

"You ever heard of grits?"

"Sure I've heard of grits. I just never actually "seen" a grit before."

Update - 9/21: As promised, here is another quote:

"Uh..Did you say yutes?"

"Yeah, two yutes."

"What is a yute?"

"Oh, excuse me, your honor...Two 'youths'"

(hint: think New York accent)

Update - 9/22: Congratulations, Janakianne!
The correct movie is "My Cousin Vinny" with Joe Pesci and Marisa Tomei (who won best supporting actress for the role of Mona Lisa Vito). As I mentioned, this is a hilarious movie best watched on cable TV with the worst of the language modified. The courtroom scenes are priceless. This was also the last film made by Fred Gwynne, better known for his role as Herman Munster.

Here is an audio clip:

this is an audio post - click to play

11 Comments:

  • i can't place it. But I KNOW I've seen it (and heard it). I'll keep thinking.

    By Blogger Mrs. D_Long, at 9:39 AM  

  • Wonderful quote. No idea what it's from.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:25 PM  

  • Clue please. I think I know it, can't remember though.

    By Blogger WallaWallaDay, at 8:59 PM  

  • no idea... i'm bad at this!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:01 PM  

  • Aw jeez, that clue just made it more obscure for me. I don't know.

    By Blogger WallaWallaDay, at 1:17 AM  

  • confirmation that I've seen this movie, yes. helping me guess, no.
    (but I can totally see the scene in my mind) A woman on the right side of the screen says "...seen a grit before.", right?
    or maybe that was a scene from my own life. =) For some reason I could also see Steve Martin saying this line, as well. Do I have anything right?

    By Blogger Mrs. D_Long, at 9:44 AM  

  • It's not Steve Martin. This evening I'll add another quote, but here's a small clue.

    I had a hard time finding quotes without profanity in them. On cable TV, however, the language is toned down and it turns out to be a very funny movie.

    By Blogger Danny, at 12:51 PM  

  • Does it have anything to do with Mel Brooks?

    By Blogger adam, at 9:50 PM  

  • No, it doesn't have anything to do with Mel Brooks.

    By Blogger Danny, at 9:55 PM  

  • Ah, I think I know, from this last quote. Is it "my cousin vinnie?"`

    By Blogger janakianne, at 7:32 AM  

  • YES!!!!!!! My parents own that movie! It is great!

    By Blogger Mrs. D_Long, at 9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home