Did I Hear That Right?

Monday, September 25, 2006

Disney Week #2

Here's today's. It's from one of my favorite animated movies.

"You're human, with the flesh, and the hair, and the navel lint."

Update: Here is an expanded version of this quote that may be helpful:

"You're human, with the flesh, and the hair, and the navel lint. We're just part of the architecture."

Update: Yes....This is The Hunchback of Notre Dame. It is probably the most adult of the animated features. It wasn't quite as popular as some of the other recent features, which isn't surprising considering you're dealing with murder, lust, and genocide. Seems like other studios can release more adult-themed animated features, but if it has the Disney name, it better have characters you can turn into plush (gargoyles? I don't think so). Anyway, it has great music and is actually somewhat faithful to the book (except that Esmeralda lives).

6 Comments:

  • I'm pretty sure I know this one but I want to see what everyone else thinks

    --Janaki

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:25 PM  

  • Well, my first thought was "The little Mermaid."-- but it also sounds like Robin Williams in Aladin. (though I don't think it fits into the story line)

    By Blogger Mrs. D_Long, at 9:31 PM  

  • This is sort of 62% knowledge, 38% guess, but I think it might be from "Beauty and the Beast."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:33 AM  

  • After further consideration, I humbly and regrettably withdraw my guess. I do not think this quote is from "Beauty and the Beast" after all.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:42 AM  

  • Ain't that from "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:17 PM  

  • Has to be.

    By Blogger Mrs. D_Long, at 5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home